Saturday, July 20, 2013

¡Estamos Aqui!

Stella and I have arrived at our hostel in Quito.  Since it was late when we arrived at the airport, we didn't get to see a lot on our way in...but what we could see was absolutely beautiful!  It has been more than twenty years since my very first and last plane ride, so I was relieved to have enjoyed the two flights to Ecuador.  Although we ran into a little bit of rough weather, there wasn't much turbulence and the pilots did a fantastic job landing.  I can't wait to return to Quito when it is daylight outside so we can see the beauty of the city.  Our cab driver, Polibio, told us that August is a great time to visit Quito because they have an art festival.  Day 1 has come and gone...only 42 to go, and so much to do!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - no flights in 20 years? What were you, 2?
    -Melody Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Dr. Ryan. I was 2-4. We went to San Diego to see my uncle graduate from the Navy. Needless to say, I don't get out much.

      Delete
    2. Don't let Dr. Ryan give you too much grief. The first time I stepped foot on an airplane I was 29! Enjoy your experience there.

      --Jeff Cain

      Delete
  2. Erica, I am sooooo excited for you!! Hugs and Prayers, sweet girl!!!

    ReplyDelete